In short, this is how the rental process works
- The borrower provides payments details when making a reservation in the system.
- When the owner accepts, the borrower’s payment method is charged.
- The money will first go to
Gaifong, and will then be released to the owner on Day 2 of the rental period.
- The Security Deposit amount is not charged—it is only authorised on the borrower’s payment method.
- The Security Deposit hold will lapse 2 days after the rental period.
NEW: Borrowers also need to go through an ID check with our system before they can borrow expensive items, such as cameras or lenses.
For more questions, consult the Help Centre inside the app, or talk with one of our customer representatives. Happy renting!